Here we are going to talk about the latest features of customizing your home screen with iOS 14. As the new iOS 14 release unlocks a bunch of new potentials. Here are just a few tweets that we found on Twitter showing the amazing home screen set up on iPhone.
There are some amazing examples out there including TikTok, Pinterest with tons and tons of ideas like how to create a bunch of different kinds of Widgets, how to create custom icons, create your custom home screen, and many more.
In this article, you will find the options to get the most out of your home screen. Some of them may consume a lot of time but they are worth it. This is without having to jailbreak your device and there are some very cool screen customization ideas you can use for this.
How To Customize the Home Screen of Your iPhone?
How to Customize Your Icons?
- Go to the menu (depending on your mobile either by swiping down from the top right corner or just sampling long-tapping on the home screen).
- Tap on ‘Shortcuts App’ and create a new shortcut.
- Now tap on ‘Add Action’, ‘Add Scripting’, and ‘Open App’.
- Then you need to choose the “Scripting Option >> Open App.
- Choose the app of your choice that you want to change. Also just click on the three dots over there and Add the shortcut name. Just add any name of your choice. As soon as you have chosen, tap on ‘Add to Home Screen’.
- Here you can change its name to whatever you want. Also, you can tap and choose from a bunch of icons specifically designed for that particular app. After choosing, tap on ‘Add’.
How to Customizing Your iPhone Wallpaper?
- Go to the Settings >> Home Screen.
- Here you have two options to show the apps on your iPhone. If you want a minimal home screen make sure to choose the first option.
- Add to Home Screen.
- App Library Only.
- Go to Settings tap on ‘Wallpapers’ and you will see a bunch of options for Wallpaper or you can select them from your gallery, or click your picture and set it as your wallpaper, and many more.
- You will find here a ton of things you can do with your wallpaper for home as well as the lock screen. Just choose one and click the one you like to keep as your wallpaper and click Set as Wallpaper.
Adding and Customizing your Widgets
The coolest feature of iPhone iOS is Widgets. There are a ton of options for you for widgets. Most of them are cool and you can spend hours just customizing them. Just go and download Widgetsmith on your iOS device.
WidgetSmith is a cool widget app. This will allow you to customize a live widget that will keep changing and swapping over different things like practically anything you want on the home screen like calendar, health-related stuff, weather conditions, and many more.
Just go and add open Widgetsmit app and click on the widget, from there choose a widget of your choice and click on save.
After that follow the steps given below:
- Now just click on the home screen and then click on the “+” button on the top left of the screen.
- There you will see a ton of different options you can include or reject from your widget. And then scroll to the bottom of the screen and then select the “Widgetsmit” from there.
- Change the size of the widget to whatever you want and click on ‘Add Widget”
Your home screen will look something like this:
You may also like:
- Add Links On Instagram Story
- Hide Profile Picture on WhatsApp
- Search on Instagram Without an Account
iOS 14 has come up with a lot of exciting features that can help you customize your home screen the way you want it. There has been a lot of hype about it because it lets you customize it in the way you want and you get a million options to choose from. We hope after reading this article you get clarity of how you can customize your home screen.