Sometimes users encounter the Aka.ms/remoteconnect error while trying to play Minecraft using a Microsoft account. There is nothing serious behind this error, and with a few workarounds, you can easily get this over with. In this post, we are going to learn how to eliminate this error so that you can enjoy the full Minecraft PS4 experience.
This https://aka.ms/remoteconnect is a bug in Minecraft that occurs when you are unable to log in using your Microsoft account’s credentials. This is the most common error on Minecraft, and almost everyone has faced it at least once. When you are a Microsoft user and trying to sign up to Minecraft for the first time, you are most likely to see this error.
Don’t worry as there is nothing to be worried about. You can check out this entire guide to learn how to easily fix the Minecraft remote connect feature on PS4 and XBOX.
What is the Aka.Ms/Remoteconnect Error?
If you are trying to sign up on your Minecraft account using Microsoft, the https://Aka.ms/remoteconnect is a common error to deal with. While this error is more common for PS4, Nintendo, and Xbox users, you can also face this on your PC. Since Minecraft is a masterpiece game, you need to fix this error asap instead of giving up on it.
Why Does the Aka.ms/remoteconnect Microsoft Error Occur?
The most common reason why the Aka ms/remoteconnect Microsoft Error occurs is due to changing your devices. But apart from that, there can be something else. If you know about the causes, it will help you find a solution fast. So, let’s talk about the reasons first.
1. Due to Device Change
Minecraft offers cross-play services to users. If you have a Minecraft account, you can use it on your XBOX One, PS4, computer, and other gaming consoles. You can use one Minecraft account on different devices. But when you are using the same Microsoft account, there is a chance you may end up with this error. During switching devices, the ‘Microsoft remoteconnect’ error comes up, and you face login issues.
2. Due to Corrupt Game Data
The game files of Minecraft need to be proper and good. If there is an error in the data of the game, it can force many other problems. If your Minecraft game’s data is corrupted, you can see this issue on all platforms. Don’t worry; we will teach you how to fix this problem by applying simple solutions. You have to delete Minecraft saved and corrupted game data.
3. Due to Cross-Play
Cross-play is a Minecraft feature, and you need a Microsoft account to experience it. In Minecraft Bedrock Editions, you can use commands to play cross-play. But the https //Aka.ms remoteconnect sign in error can come up when you are playing on Ps4 and Xbox One or Xbox 360 with a new Microsoft account.
How to Fix https //Aka.ms remoteconnect Sign-in Error in Minecraft?
Fixing the https //Aka.ms/connect Microsoft bug is a brainer. All you have to do is enter a simple code. But it does not work that way sometimes. That’s why for you, we have demonstrated different methods in the section below.
Method 1: Enter the Microsoft Sign in Code
We told you that most of the time, the Minecraft game appears in PS4 accounts. Therefore, you will need to make a couple of attempts to get access to the game with your Microsoft account.
- Bookmark the Microsoft Code access page on your computer
- Open the Minecraft Error Message display and remember the code or write it down on a sticky note
- Copy the code and open the Microsoft page on another device. Then paste the code here
- When done, they will give you access to the Minecraft store
Method 2: Fix the Crossplay Issues
Fixing the crossplay issues will help you get a better experience out of Minecraft. Here is how to do it. For XBOX Crossplay: If you are using Xbox One or Xbox 360, you can download Minecraft from the official store only.
- You will need to log in to Xbox with your free Microsoft account
- Visit the https://aka.ms/xboxsetup link from your Xbox browser to get the remote play code. You will find the code for the remote play feature.
- Visit https://aka.ms/remoteconnect from the device where you want to try out the remote play feature, and for that, you will need a Microsoft account. If you don’t already have one, create it now.
- On the current page – https://aka.ms/remoteconnect page, they will ask you to enter the remote play code from your Xbox screen. As soon as you enter the code, the webpage will load Minecraft instantly.
For PS4 users:
- Visit the PS4 store and search for Minecraft. To be able to use the remote play features, you need to access the paid version of the game. And you can download it from the Minecraft store only.
- Minecraft PS4 version will allow you to log in using your Microsoft account. You can choose this option to sign in using your email and password.
- Once done, they will give you access to remote connect data, and you can save the code from PS4.
- Visit the remote connect website from your laptop or mobile and enter the remote connect code.
Method 3: Delete Minecraft Saved Game Date
You need to delete the Minecraft ‘Saved and Corrupted game date’ by following the steps below. This may help you solve the problem.
- Visit Settings first
- Then go to System Settings and open Storage
- Open Game storage
- Delete the two-game files on Minecraft but make sure to keep a backup before doing anything.
Start from new, and you will be able to use the Minecraft remote connect feature again.
Method 4: Create Another Microsoft Account
When you have applied all the methods mentioned above, but still couldn’t fix the problem, there is one more thing you could do. You can create an all-new Microsoft account and try to link that to your Minecraft game. Or perhaps, you already have a new Microsoft account, that’s why you switched your device in the first place.
Since the one Microsoft account, you have been using is problematic, you can create another MS account (in case you haven’t already). After creating, use the account and the remote connect feature to solve the https //Aka.ms remoteconnect issue. After you have access to Minecraft with your new free Microsoft account, you can buy the Minecraft Texture packs from the store. Have a look at the steps below to learn how to create a new account on Microsoft.
- Visit account.microsoft.com
- Click on Sign in, choose to Create one!
- If you want Microsoft to create an email address for you, choose the Get a new email address option.
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
What is the Cross-Play Engine in Xbox?
The new cross-play feature lets you play Minecraft on various devices. For example, if you are using Xbox, but your friend over there has a PS4, you can setup cross play engine feature and play with them. This method needs you to sign in with your MS account.
- Press the Xbox button from your controller and open Settings.
- Visit Account.
- Click on Account Privacy and Online Safety.
- Choose Xbox Live Privacy.
- Then select Custom.
- Select View Details and click on Customize.
- Click on Communication & Multiplayer.
- Enable the Communication Outside of Xbox Live feature to setup cross play engine.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Without a Microsoft account, you won’t be able to connect your device to the Nintendo switch. And the switch is required for XBOX, PS4, Android, PC, etc. If you are playing on PS4, having a Microsoft account is not mandatory. But you won’t be able to connect with players across other devices if you don’t have one for the Minecraft PS4 Bedrock Edition.
Yes, you can transfer the DLC content from Minecraft Nintendo Switch to the new version of Minecraft.
When you start the game, you can open the Friends Tab and Click on Add Friends or you can enter the Microsoft Gamertag of the person, and their name will appear.
You May Also Like:
- 12+ Best Unblocked Music Sites
- Spotify Premium Free Trial Accounts
- Free Netflix Accounts and Passwords
The https //Aka.ms/remoteconnect issue is not a new thing for the Minecraft players, but fortunately, it’s solvable. You could download the DLC for Minecraft packs to solve the problem, but for that, you needed an accessible Microsoft account. That’s why the methods demonstrated above are going to be helpful for you to resolve the https //Aka.ms remoteconnect issue. If you need further help, don’t forget to drop us a comment below.