Are you curious to know if Cyberpunk 2077 will have a multiplayer option or not? Well, Cyberpunk has been one of the pioneers in creating innovative video games to hold the players’ imagination in thrall. Cyberpunk 2077 is the latest and most discussed game in the Cyberpunk series.
But will it support multiplayer? In this post, you will find everything you need to know about Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer mode. So, keep reading and get the answers to all of your questions.
Cyberpunk 2077 – Overview
Published and developed by CD Projekt, Cyberpunk 2077 is an action-packed video game. It was first announced in May 2012 and first released in January 2013. The story is set in the Open World City of Night City, which is situated in the Universe of Cyberpunk.
The characters in the City, that is, the players, are obsessed with three aspects- glamour, power, and body modification. Once you enter the game, you play as V, who is a mercenary outlaw, looking to find a key to immortality, which is the final destination in the game. As you progress through the different levels in the game, you move forward in the story, closer to the ultimate destination.
The game uses advanced-level visuals to enhance the gaming experience. Graphics and 3D visuals are made use of to create lifelike backgrounds and niches. You feel like you have been transported to an alternative Universe and you travel across the street, raid corporate strongholds, explore wartime zones, fight other gangs and hide downtown.
Features of the Cyberpunk 2077 Game:
- Characters: As soon as you enter the game, you enter into a competition with other mercenary outlaws for the ultimate prize, a one-of-a-kind implant, that is your key to immortality. But beware, the other mercenaries are not your only contenders.
- Equipment: As you progress in the game, you keep upgrading yourself with new equipment and accessories, like weapons, cyberwar, motorcycles, outlandish outfits, cars, or body enhancing implants.
- Obstacles: You need to get rid of other mercenaries, traps, gangs, corporates, mafia, and underground leaders and make deals with desperate celebrities and renegade intelligentsia to clear your path and reach the ultimate goal.
- Choices: Cyberpunk 2077 does have a storyline, but it is not strict or rigid. In fact, it is extremely flexible and can change drastically in accordance with your choices. Your choices determine what happens to you and those around you, how the story progresses, and what the final outcome will be.
Will Cyberpunk 2077 Have multiplayer?
Now, coming to the question of the hour, one we are all waiting to be revealed- will Cyberpunk 2077 have multiplayer?
Cyberpunk data miners have revealed that the players can expect a multiplayer version soon- “after 2021”. The release of Cyberpunk 2077 in 2021 appears unlikely. There has been a lot of speculation and discussion regarding Cyberpunk’s multiplayer version, but the Cyberpunk 2077 release date remains undecided. There has been no official statement regarding the release of the multiplayer version from the publishing head.
The anonymous revealer also stated that the multiplayer version will come in two modes- Heist and Deathmatch. This multiplayer version will be a standalone version. These two multiplayer modes might be based on peer-to-peer connection rather than having dedicated servers. Up till now, this is all we know about the multiplayer version of Cyberpunk 2077.
Now that it is out, wait with bated breath for the release of the multiplayer version- it would probably be safe to expect it in 2022!
Cyberpunk 2077 Classes:
Being a gigantic dynamic open-world RPG, it does not come as a surprise that Cyberpunk 2077 offers three classes to specialize in- Techie, Solo, and Netrunner. However, again there is no rigidity. You can pick and choose the skills you would want to have from each class or specialize in one.
- Solo: If you are totally into fighting and enjoy being in a warzone and engaging in combat, this is the class for you. Solo or the “warrior class” are guns for hire, and they can be thugs with weapons or highly trained and skilled mercenaries. They work for the highest bidders and are usually found to be in the employ of megacorporations.
- Netrunner: If you are not all that into direct fighting but want to be a computer wizard with hi-fi hacking skills, this is the job for you. If you’re a Netrunner, you get knowledge of and access to high-level cyberware, that can really contribute a lot to your game and even turn the tables in your favor. Your knowledge might even help you to use your opponent’s digital ware against himself.
- Techie: They are the ones who are directly or indirectly not in direct combat. They have most probably been added to Cyberpunk 2077 as a support system. They stay out of the line of fire and operate far away from harm’s way to design all the equipment, guns, and weapons very essential to combat and to carry the story forward. Interestingly, they are entitled to a small helper bot called Flathead to get them out of tricky situations. If you are a Techie, you contribute hugely to the game while staying safe.
What is the Maximum level in Cyberpunk 2077?
The maximum level depends upon the aspect in which you are progressing through the levels. For your main character, the maximum level you can earn is 50. Once you reach 50, you can keep earning Street Cred and attributes, but you will no longer earn new experiences from your ventures in the Night City.
For Street Cred, again the maximum level is 50. You can of course keep playing the game, but there is no change in terms of adventures or experiences.
For attributes, there are five types- Body, Cool, Technical Ability, Reflexes, and Intelligence. The cap for each attribute is 20. Once you earn all of them, you will be like the know-all in the game. True, there will be nothing new for the game to offer, but you will be very powerful in it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Cyberpunk 2077 was earlier available on PC, Xbox, Google Stadia, and PS4. In 2021, it will be available on Xbox Series X and PS5.
The online version of Cyberpunk is not free. However, users can look out for the crack version which can help them get it for free.
You May Also Like:
Thus, it can be assumed that Cyberpunk 2077 will soon have a multiplayer version, but players might need to wait quite some time for it. Till then, keep playing Cyberpunk and keep achieving the maximum levels!